Forme Consulting Group Ltd are often engaged by clients to assist in the sale of their forest crop.
For clarity, whilst Forme can prepare and assist in the Information Memorandum process, we are not licensed real estate agents and have obligations and restrictions as to our involvement if the forest is to be sold.
As a Registered Member of the New Zealand Institute of Forestry (NZIF) Forme are exempt from the Real Estate Agents Act 2008 by the Real Estate Agent (exemptions) Regulations 2017, however the obligations and restrictions as to our involvement if the forest is to be sold include;
- We can only carry out real estate work that is in the forestry sector.
- We must abide by the NZIF Rules, Code of Ethics and the exemption regulations.
- Forme cannot accept remuneration in the form of a commission that is in addition to, or instead of, our normal professional charges.
- Forme cannot prepare agreements for sale and purchase or give any advice about legal rights and obligations incidental to preparing such agreements.
- Forme cannot manage funds relating to a real estate transaction through a trust or any other account.
To see any forest sales Forme are involved in, see below:
Current Forest Listings: